Saturday, September 29, 2007

Discovery Task 9

I have successfully fed a few interesting feeds into my bloglines. Technorati and Topix.net were my favourite new feeds because they both were easy to locate specific information - Entertainment, Sport, etc. Also, Technorati has 100 favourite blogs which is fun to look at. I was also able to add Choice Magazine from Kingston's database subscriptions and a journal called Marine Biology to my bloglines.

When I looked at my favourite site (Amazon.com) I was unable to see a RSS feed on the site. I then looked at Kathy Reichs site and found that she subscribes to a RSS called Newsgator - a free service. My question is, must I subscribe to Newsgator to receive the RSS feeds, or may I use Bloglines?

I also found the ALIA has a RSS feed to it's website!

Barb

No comments: